Honest Scrap Meme
January 6, 2010 § 5 Comments
I’ve been tagged by anothercookiecrumbles for this “Honest Scrap” meme. This is possibly my first meme of book blogging, and so I thought, why not?
The rules are:
a. ‘The Honest Scrap Blogger Award’ must be shared.
b. The recipient has to tell 10 (true) things about themselves that no one else knows
c. The recipient has to pass on the award to 7 more bloggers.
d. Those 7 bloggers should link back to the blog that awarded them
So what 10 bookish things can I tell?
- When I was really little, we didn’t buy books at home. So I had to entertain myself by reading any book that could be found on the shelves, including Reader’s Digest (remember, I was little!) and decaying copies of Shakespeare which I never understood.
- The only books we bought were dictionaries, and my favouritest dictionary so far is the Chambers Encyclopedic English Dictionary.
- I actually read dictionaries sometimes. Like flick and choose a page, and start reading all the words and meanings until I get fed-up.
- And that’s basically how I self-learnt how to read and write Mandarin: by reading the Chinese-English dictionary.
- I own the entire Detective Conan (in America I think they call it “Case Closed“) manga series, and still counting. (They’re in Mandarin, my second tool for learning Mandarin..)
- I like sitting in corners, all curled up, when I read. Sometimes my mum says I’m hiding from her, or trying to hide the fact that I’m reading yet again.
- I don’t usually buy books at all, just never developed the habit (see #1). But I’ve bought a little more than 20 books in the past 3 months… I’ve got to learn some self-control..
- All of us at home are readers, myself being the most indulgent. It’s not an odd sight to see us all sitting in the living area, each holding a book. (My dad: non-fiction; my mum: romance; my younger sister: graphic novel; my younger brother: fantasy/sci-fi; myself: ?)
- I can’t tell one genre from another. Seriously. I only have two categories: good, and not-s0-good, with many shades between them.
- I’m hoping to be able to make a living out of this one day. This, meaning, my love of words and books. I’d love to write for life.
So there you have it. 10 bookish things about me, that you probably didn’t know before reading this. A little glimpse of me, if you will. Teehee..
Who am I tagging?
I hope you join. =)