December 27, 2009 § Leave a comment
I’m reading A Quiet Life by Kenzaburo Oe at the moment, about a chapter and a half from finishing. So what book do I read next? Random picking time.
I’ve still got the same books I had for RRC #5. So I’m recycling that list. Only difference is that I’ve taken off the titles that I’ve already read, and also titles for challenges that I’m keeping until 2010 comes along (in a few more days!). With that in mind, here’s my list for picking random book number 6.
- Watchmen – Alan Moore, Dave Gibbons
- Bone Volume 1 – Jeff Smith
- Life in Pictures – Will Eisner
- Life Ascending – Nick Lane
- The Origin of Species – Charles Darwin
- The Sum of Our Days – Isabel Allende
- Miss Chopsticks – Xinran
- The Virgin Suicides – Jeffrey Eugenides
- On Chesil Beach – Ian McEwan
- East West – Salman Rushdie
- Post-Birthday World – Lionel Shriver
- A Spot of Bother – Mark Haddon
- Handpicked – Siew Siang Tay
- Song Yet Sung – James McBride
- The Alchemist – Paulo Coelho
- Asian Tales and Tellers – Cathy Spagnoli
- Interpreter of Maladies – Jhumpa Lahiri
- How to Buy a Love of Reading – Tanya Egan Gibson
- Silence – Shusaku Endo
- Five – Shusaku Endo
- Some Prefer Nettles – Jun’ichiro Tanizaki
- The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao – Junot Diaz
Random.org says to read… 16.
Asian Tales and Tellers – Cathy Spagnoli. I’ve had a glance through, and it looks like it’s a collection of folklore from Asian countries, each story probably only a page or two long. So it should be a pretty easy and light read.
To be honest, I was willing random.org to pick number 22, but it didn’t. However, since the book it chose for me is a collection of short tales, perhaps I can squeeze Oscar Wao in between tales? =)