Random Reading Challenge #1
August 10, 2009 § 5 Comments
I currently have two books that I’m reading. One of it is Cradle to Cradle, which has a lot to do with sustainability in the modern world, closely related to my field of study, which is architecture. The second book I’m reading is Murakami’s after the quake, which I’m taking in slowly, one story a day, so that the stories have sufficient time to sink in, and for me to digest.
So at this point, I actually don’t know what fiction book to pick up! And straight away, I saw an opportunity to take one book off of my Random Reading Challenge, and simply choose the next fiction book randomly!
I got my sister to randomly pick books from my shelf of borrowed library books, and so this is the list of books to choose from:
- The Namesake – Jhumpa Lahiri
- Casebook of Sherlock Holmes – Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Pearl – John Steinbeck
- The Wild Sheep Chase – Haruki Murakami
- Binu and The Great Wall – Su Tong
- The Five People You Meet In Heaven – Mitch Albom
- Story of O – Pauline Reage
- Oranges are Not The Only Fruit – Jeanette Winterson
- Sophie’s World – Jostein Gaarder
- A Pale View of Hills – Kazuo Ishiguro
After consulting Random.org, it comes up with….. 1!
So the first book for this challenge is going to be The Namesake, which is also on my TBR list.